What does Medical Acupuncture treat?
- Pain relief – both acute and chronic
- Mental health issues
- Dysfunctions of the musculoskeletal system (the muscles, joints and associated tissues, and their connection and relationship with other systems of the body)
- Improved and faster healing process
- Complements other therapies, including Sophrology, and osteopathy
WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU DURING TREATMENT
Medical Acupuncture is a manual therapy that I offer to complement Osteopathy. During a session, extremely fine, hygienic, disposable and safe needles will be inserted into relevant locations of your musculoskeletal system. Whilst you may be aware of this happening, I will always check your sensitivity levels and ensure that you are comfortable.
Sometimes I alternatively use Electro Acupuncture (EA). This is similar in approach and effect but can have a stronger indication and enhanced effects in some cases. It will require a longer session, and could be a separate session in itself, or used in conjunction with more traditional needles.
Alliance and partnership with you and your body
I work in alliance with you and your body and will always ask permission before commencing a new stage of treatment. I will explain in advance what to expect, and why I am doing it. At the end of the session, I will provide appropriate advice to ensure you get the most positive results.
Who is Medical Acupuncture for?
- Mostly adults, who may require additional restorative input into their treament
- Those wanting to improve their healing process and the re-establishment of physiological functions
Medical Acupuncture complements other medical practices and therapies, including Osteopathy, Physiotherapy, Gynaecology, Orthopaedics, Sophrology, Psychotherapy, Homeopathy and Dentist
My aim is to free you from any pain you may be experiencing; foster your healing process; restore balance to your body’s musculoskeletal system; and address any causes of mental overload.